WordPress website design & development
I believe that every business deserves a website that…
- is an accurate reflection of what you and your services and products stand for;
- helps you attract your ideal customers; and
- generates new business opportunities.
Many people are great at what they do.
However, their personality, expertise, and unique qualities are sometimes lost when you visit their website.
I aim to bridge that gap!
I specialise in working with established businesses at a point of change which involves reviewing your website. This change could include…
- Rebranding your business
- Moving into a new niche
- Expanding your client base
- Redefining your service offering
I love that a website can open up opportunities. As a potential customer, it gives you the chance to connect with a business owner before you pick up the phone or meet them. You can access a website, browse through it and decide ‘Yes! You’re the business I’m looking for!’
A website is hugely powerful.
The Wise Genius Process
To ensure that the journey from blank canvas to completed website runs smoothly, I follow a tried and tested process.
I start by finding out as much as possible about you and your business, and the proposed project. You do the talking, I listen and ask questions, preferably over tea & cake.
Together, we plan how your website will be organised by creating a site map. We decide how the navigation and calls to action will get visitors moving around the site. This is the point to pull together the content – text, photos, videos, testimonials, and graphics – so you deliver the best experience to your audience.
The creative part of the process where we play around with layouts, fonts, colours, and imagery to make your website look fabulous.
Where the fun really begins! The point when everything falls into place and your website becomes a reality. You will be given a live version of your site to play with for feedback.
When everyone is happy, the site has been tested, and all the niggly bits ironed out, we are good to go. Your site will be uploaded to its domain, and you can start to shout about it!
After your site has gone live, I’ll provide you with a handover session. I’ll also be on hand to deal with any problems and offer support packages to help you manage the technical aspects of a WordPress website.
I’ve been building websites with WordPress for over 10 years.
But what exactly is WordPress? Simply, it is an easy way to create a website. WordPress is an open-source content management system for running your website without the need to understand anything about programming. And it currently powers over 40% of all active websites (W3Techs.com, June 2021) from large corporations like Sony Music and Walt Disney to small businesses like my clients.
So, what is so special about WordPress?
- Open source means it is free to use. WordPress is regularly updated and maintained by its community of contributors.
- It’s easy to customise. Thanks to its system of themes and plugins, you can create any kind of website.
- It’s flexible, adapting to the changing needs of your business.
- It’s user-friendly. The WordPress Dashboard has a simple interface to manage your site.
- It’s search-engine friendly. Google and other search engines love WordPress because of how it’s coded.
- It supports different media types, so you can upload images, documents, videos, and audio with ease.
- And support for WordPress is everywhere. Its active community has generated a multitude of blogs, forums, online courses, and books.
Ready to get started on your website project?
Book a discovery call to tell me all about it!