WordPress website design & development
At Wise Genius, I believe – above all else – that every business deserves a website that…
- is a true reflection of what you and your service or product stands for;
- is one that helps you attract your ideal customers; and
- generates new business opportunities.
Many people are great at what they do.
However, for some, their expertise, personality and unique qualities are lost when you visit their website.
I aim to bridge that gap!
- Rebranding your business
- Moving into a new niche
- Expanding your client base
- Redefining your service offering
I love that a great website can open up opportunities. As a potential customer, it gives you the chance to connect with a business owner before you pick up the phone or meet them. You can access a website, browse through it and decide ‘Yes! You’re the business I’m looking for!’
A website is hugely powerful.
The Wise Genius Process
To ensure that the journey from blank canvas to completed website runs smoothly, I like to follow a tried and tested process.
I kick things off by finding out as much as possible about you and your business, and the proposed project. You do the talking, I listen and ask questions, preferably over tea & cake.
PlanIn collaboration, we plan how your website will be organised, building a site map and considering how the navigation and calls to action will work. This is the point to put together the text, photos, videos, testimonials, and graphics that you will help you deliver the experience you want your audience to have.
DesignThe creative part of the process where I play around with layouts, fonts, colours, imagery, all the things that make your website look fabulous.
BuildThis is where the fun really begins, when everything starts to fall into place and your website becomes a reality. You will be given a live version of your site to play with and give feedback on.
LaunchWhen everyone is happy, the site has been tested, and all the niggly bits ironed out, we are good to go. Your site will be uploaded to its domain and you can start to shout about it!
After your site is launched, I’ll provide you with a handover session. I’ll also remain on hand to deal with any problems you may encounter. You may also choose to take-up a Wise Genius website maintenance and support package.
A quick word about WordPress
I first choose to use the WordPress content management system back in 2010 – it was the perfect fit for a client who wanted to have more control over managing her own website. Both me and my clients have not looked back.
Current statistics indicate that WordPress powers over 35% of all websites (W3Techs.com, April 2020), from large corporations like Sony Music and the Reuters news agency to small businesses like mine and those I work with. These are a few of the reasons why it is so popular and why I choose to continue working with it:
- The software is free to use, meaning no additional costs for software licences or support. It is also regularly updated and maintained;
- It’s highly customisable – if you can imagine it, WordPress can do it;
- It uses plugins, packages of code designed to accomplish a specific task, to extend its basic functionality;
- It is flexible, adapting to the changing needs of your business as you grow;
- It is user-friendly behind the scenes, with an intuitive interface that allows you to manage your content with ease;
- It is search-engine friendly by default;
- And with so many WordPress sites out there, support is fantastic.
Ready to get started on your website project?
Book a discovery call to tell me all about it!