Whether you need a new website or are looking to update an existing one, Wise Genius is here to ensure that whatever we produce will be a true reflection of what your company or product stands for, one that helps you attract your ideal customers and generates new business opportunities.
What we do
In short, we design and build websites that help to promote your business. However, there is far more to it than that. A website built by Wise Genius…
- Is built with your involvement, giving you a sense of ownership over the final product.
- Is tailored to suit the needs of your business, and will include only the features and functionality you need.
- Has a responsive design, adapted for optimal viewing across a range of devices, including mobile phones and tablets.
- Is unique to your business.
- Is owned by you. Our standard contract clearly states how copyright is assigned; we don’t tie you in to any exclusive software; we make sure you own your domain and that web hosting is also in your name – all to protect you in the future.
How we do it
At Wise Genius we love to be organised. To ensure that the journey from blank canvas to completed website runs smoothly, we like to follow a tried and tested process.
Discover – We kick things off by finding out as much as possible about you, your business, your competitors, the proposed project, your goals and aspirations, and which websites drive you crazy (honestly!) to ensure we are as well informed as possible.
Plan – In close collaboration, we plan how your website content will be organised, building a site map and considering how the navigation and calls to action will work. This phase also includes key SEO activities.
Design – The creative part of the process where we play around with layouts, fonts, colours, imagery, all the things that make your website look fabulous.
Build – This is where the fun begins, when everything starts to fall into place and your website becomes a reality.
Launch – When everyone is happy, the site has been tested, and all the niggly bits have been ironed out, we’re good to go. Your site will be uploaded to its domain and you can start to shout about it!
Support – After your site is launched and live, we’ll provide you with any necessary handover training. We’ll also remain on hand to deal with any problems you may encounter.
A quick word about WordPress
Our preferred weapon of choice for building websites is WordPress – a powerful content management system that powers over 20% of the top 10 million websites on the internet. (Usage Statistics and Market Share of Content Management Systems for Websites, February 2015). Used by small businesses and large corporations alike, WordPress offers a range of benefits…
- The software is free to use, meaning no additional costs for software licences or support. It is also regularly updated and maintained;
- It’s highly customisable, meaning that it easily be tailored to suit your requirements;
- It uses plugins, packages of code designed to accomplish a specific task, to extend its basic functionality;
- It is flexible, meaning it can easily adapt to the changing needs of your business as you grow;
- We particularly like that it is user-friendly behind the scenes, with an intuitive interface that allows you to easily manage your website content;
- It is search-engine friendly by default;
- And with so many WordPress sites out there, support is fantastic.